This list from American Kabuki has an extensively documented and categorized list of these resignations. 12 of them are from today’s news. I don’t know who American Kabuki is, but looks they did a great job of putting this list together.
Lots of piggy banks breaking all around the world. Or maybe it’s just the piggies (found at RMN).
[Pardon, but you’ll need to copy and paste the links; there’s so many of them to fix up I chose not to do it]
Monday, February 27, 2012
BANK CEO AND EXECUTIVE RESIGNATION UPDATE 2/27/12
(1) 9/01/11 (USA NY) Bank of New York Mellon Chief Resigns in a Shake-UP
(2) 09/20/12 (SCOTLAND) SCOTTISH WIDOWS (RETIREMENT INVESTMENT SAVINGS FUND) There could be no Scottish representative on the board of Lloyds Banking Group, owner of Bank of Scotland, in future after it announced the departure of Lord Sandy Leitch, the chairman of Scottish Widows and group deputy chairman.
(3) 9/25/11 (SWITZERLAND) Bank chief resigns over £1.5bn rogue trader crisis
(4) 9/28/11 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Bank Council: Fritz Studer resigns as per end-April 2012
(5) 10/29/11 (CHINA) Resignations Suggest Shift for China’s Banks
(6) 11/01/12 (INDIA) More directors of the Beed district bank resign
(7) 11/02/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Lloyds Banking Group chief executive, António Horta-Osório, is to take leave of absence on health grounds for six to eight weeks, the BBC has reported. (STILL OUT AS OF 2/24/12 – DEFACTO RESIGNATION)
(8) 11/21/11 (JAPAN) UBS’s Japan Investment Banking Chairman Matsui to Resign
(9) 11/29/11 (Iran) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(10) 12/15/11 (UNITED KINGDOM) Senior private banker resigns from Coutts [a very exclusive private bank]
(11) 12/22/11 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(12) 12/23/11 (USA VA) Bank feud: Chairman Giles quits VNB with other directors
(13) 1/01/12 (NIGERIA) The Board of United Bank for Africa Plc, the pan African financial services Group with presence in 19 countries across Africa, has accepted the resignation of Mr. Victor Osadolor, from the board with effect from January 9, 2012.
(14) 1/01/12 (ISRAEL) Israel’s Bank Leumi CEO Maor steps down after 16 years
(15) 1/03/12 (USA VA) Suffolk Bancorp president and CEO steps down
(16) 1/03/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Departures from Board at Arbuthnot Banking Group: Neil Kirton
Shortly before the market closed at 12.30 p.m. on Friday the company disclosed that Neil Kirton had resigned from the Board the previous day.
(17) 1/03/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Departures from Board at Arbuthnot Banking Group: Atholl Turrell
It has today stated that Atholl Turrell has left the Board.
(18) 1/05/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Chief executive of Saunderson House [Private Bank] steps down
(19)1/09/12 (SWITZERLAND) Switzerland’s central bank chief resigns
(20) 1/12/12 (United Kingdom) Lloyds’ head of wholesale quits
(21) 1/19/12 (SPAIN) Spanish bank Santander’s Americas chief quits
(22) 1/30/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Head Of UK Private Bank Steps Down [Butterfield Private Bank]
(23) 1/20/12 (JAPAN) Normura’s head of wholesale banking quits
(24) 1/29/12 (NEW ZEALAND) New Zealand Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard to Step Down in September
(25) 1/21/12 (Greece) Banks’ top negotiator quits Greece, but talks go on
(26) 2/01/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA falls as deputy CEO steps down [UK Barclay’s Bank Controlledl
(27) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Truett Tate – Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale quits
(28) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Tim TOokey – Llyods Banking Group leaving end of February having served as interim group chief executive in addition to group finance director
“Mr Tookey, who has been with the group since 2006, will leave at the end of February after preparing the bank’s accounts for 2011. He will not get a pay-off.”
(29) 2/02/12 (VENEZUELA) Key Chavez Minister Resigns Amid Banking Corruption Fallout
(30) 2/05/12 (USA – NY) Two Top Morgan Stanley Bankers Resign
(31) 2/06/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits: http://www.livemint.com/2012/02/06160111/Dhanlaxmi-Bank-CEO-Amitabh-Cha.html
(32) 2/7/12 (USA) Bank Of America’s Mortgage Business Chief Resigns
(33) 2/07/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(34) 2/07/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don’t believe until its denied?)
(35) 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Four Priests Charged In Vatican Banking Scandal
(36) 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief steps down
(37) 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO resigns
(38) 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO resigns
(39) 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank Pres Rosales resigns
(40) 2/14/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Social finance pioneer Hayday steps down from Charity Bank
(41) 2/14/12 (UKRAINE) The National Bank of Ukraine issued a short statement on Thursday announcing the resignation of deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk.
(42) 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he’s out?
(43) 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Slovenia TWO largest Banks CEO’s (2) resign
(44) 2/15/12 (KENYA) Governor of Kenyan Central Bank to Resign
(45) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.
FSA is the regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK; Bank of England retains
responsibility for systemic risk.
(46) 2/16/12 (GHANA) Ken Ofori-Atta steps down as Executive Chair of Databank Group
(47) 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Quits
(48) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Anz Bank CFO Australia resigns
(49) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Royal Bank of Scotland Bankers Arrested
(50) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austrailan CEO Stephen Williams resigns
(51) 2/17/12 (USA) Blankfein out as Goldman Sachs CEO by summer
(52) 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass To Leave Central Bank
(53) 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) AJK Bank’s executive steps down
(54) 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Steps Down
(55) 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
(56) 2/20/12 (ISRAEL) Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd. : Mr. Zvi Itskovitch Announces his Decision to Redesign From Bank Leumi
(57) 2/20/12 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorporation, Inc. and Seneca National Bank
(58) 2/20/12 (USA WA) First Financial Northwest Director Quits in Candy Austerity Push[shades of the movie The Caine Mutiny?] First Financial Northwest Inc., a Renton, Washington-based lender, said director Spencer Schneider resigned after asking the bank to remove pictures of past directors and serve only hard candies at annual meetings.Schneider made the requests at a Feb. 15 board meeting as “symbols of austerity,” and also asked that the bank suspend serving refreshments at the annual shareholders’ meeting, offering just hard candies instead, he said. Schneider, general counsel for shareholder Joseph Stilwell, resigned immediately when the company asked that his requests be placed on the agenda for a board meeting next month, the bank said yesterday.
(59) 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) The general manager of the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA), Benigno Velez, resigned his position today.
(60) 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Five bank, insurance directors resign
(61) 2/21/12 (JAPAN) CITIBANK JAPAN: Bakhshi is taking over duties from Brian Mccappin, who the bank said in December would resign after the unit was banned for two weeks from trading tied to the London and Tokyo interbank offered rates.
(62) 2/22/12 (USA) Wietschner, Goldman Hedge Fund Advisory Chief, Retires
(63) 2/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Richard Gush resigns from Standard Bank
(64) 2/23/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland Group has announced that John McFarlane will step down as a Non-executive Director on 31 March 2012, as a regulatory condition of his impending appointment at Aviva.
(65) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns, may start up law firm
(66) 2/24/12 (HONG KONG) Citigroup Private Bank’s Co-Head of Global Real Estate Resigns
Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) — Kwang Meng Quek, co-head of the global real estate group at Citigroup Inc.’s private banking unit, resigned.
(67) 2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) FSF Executive Director resigns
After two years leading the Financial Services Federation (“FSF”) executive director, Kirk Hope has resigned to take up the role of chief executive of the New Zealand Bankers? Association.
(68) 2/24/12 (USA) Evercore’s Mestre steps down as U.S. banking head
(Reuters) – Eduardo Mestre has stepped down as day-to-day head of Evercore Partners Inc’s U.S. investment banking business, the New York-based company said in a regulatory filing
(69) 2/25/12 (AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND) Goldman Sachs: Fitz quits
Stephen Fitzgerald has resigned as Australia and New Zealand chairman and advisory director at Goldman Sachs, after 20 years with the bank. His departure comes less than a year after Goldman took full control of its Australian joint venture, formerly known as Goldman Sachs JBWere.
(70) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief steps down
(71) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Ebrahim Ebrahim quits as CEO of Khaleeji Commercial Bank
(72) 2/27/12 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(73) 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
(74) 2/27/12 (JAPAN) Nomura’s Head Of Wholesale Banking Quits
(75) 2/27/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar Quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(76) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman steps down
(77) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Al Zain steps down as Mumtalakat Holding CEO
The board of directors of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company (Mumtalakat),Bahrain’s Sovereign Wealth Fund, has accepted the resignation of the Chief Executive Officer, Talal Al Zain, following the completion of a four year term as head of the investment arm for non-oil and gas assets of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
(78) 2/27/12 (IRAN) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(79) 2/27/12 (INDIA/KASHMIR) AJK Bank’s Executive Steps Down
(80) 2/27/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Moreno to step down at Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group has announced that Glen Moreno, its senior independent director, intends not to seek re-election at the bank’s annual general meeting on 17th May, and will retire from the board on that date.
(81) 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Leung `to enjoy life’ as she calls it quits