With all the news about Hurricane Sandy and the “never before seen” everything about it, I wanted to give my East Coast friends, family and clients some quick reminders that you don’t need to accept destruction into your home. Over the years, I’ve encouraged clients to surround their homes with white healing, protective light before a hurricane or tornado. These same people later told me that even when next door neighbors or the entire area of their town lost power or trees, they themselves did not. Others experienced minimal inconvenience, but no lasting power outages or major damage. In some cases, their homes looked like the only normal thing in a sea of disastrous debris.
When I send up and call in protective energy around my own home, I try to include as much of the surrounding area as possible — without diluting the effects. You’ll need to sense that fine line between turning a specific, easily imaginable and felt intention into something abstract … then back down the abstraction until you can tangibly feel and imagine the safety, protection and healing again.
If you don’t regularly practice energy work and you’ve got a HAARP-aggravated hurricane coming your way, I’d suggest you just focus on your own home this time. Don’t feel bad about protecting your immediate surroundings instead of everyone and everything you can think to include. It’s better to experience strong success in this method than only minor, random help to you and those around you.
If your home turns out to stand firm, then you can always extend your hospitality and good fortune to neighbors after the fact. You can also share these techniques with others you know, so that more and more people in your area hold the light of protection around their homes. Everything — including weather patterns — derives from energy and vibration. The higher, stronger, more joyful and powerfully protected and prepared you feel, the less likely you will experience negative outcomes. This remains true for hurricanes as well as job interviews.
I include below some easy tips and reminders for protecting your home:
1) Ask for a blessing on your family and home. This particular kind of prayer helps move you from default fear mode into a miracle-expectant mode. Just because The Weather Channel tells you something dreadful will occur, doesn’t mean you can’t look back on this experience as an amazing moment of Grace and deliverance. God/Spirit/Source/Divine Love/Angels … reveal themselves when our senses reach high alert. If you ask for a blessing, know that one or more blessings have already begun to make their way to you. Receive them. When the winds and rains kick up, recognize how much positive energy wants to shower you with good things right now.
2) Ask the Elementals for help. I wrote this past summer about how the Elementals responded with a much needed rain shower during our Wisconsin drought. If you follow that link, you can read a not-unique story. After sharing my experience with others, they let me know that they, too, had found rain when and only when they asked the Elementals to intercede on their behalf.
Who are the Elementals? You can think of them as faeries, elves, Nature Spirits, devas … those who live ever so slightly beyond the veil but who share Gaia with us. Different beings connect more closely with different elements — Earth, Air, Fire,and Water. They can increase or decrease the energies associated with their preferred element. In the case of a hurricane, I’d get quiet and sincerely ask (even “just in your imagination” is fine!) the Water and Air Elementals to balance the hurricane energies. Ask the Earth Elementals to fortify the land. You can ask the Fire Elementals to mitigate the lightning and power outages. A fifth element, Spirit, runs throughout all creation, unifying it in Divine harmony. Connecting with Spirit and focusing on harmony will also ease any chaotic energies around you.
As I explained in the article from this summer, the Elementals desire a closer working connection with humans interested in preserving and protecting our shared Earthly home. “Natural” disasters offer perfect opportunities to reconnect and realize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. No one but the psychopaths wants any kind of nuclear issues resulting from a hurricane or winter storm. The Elementals deeply love our planet, and they will absolutely work with sincere people looking to protect and love the land as well.
3) Ask for Angelic Protection. Angels will not interfere without your request, but they stand by ready to act whenever you ask. Archangel Michael, in particular, wields a fiery sword that can create an energy vortex of protection around you and your home. You can also imagine green, gold, pink, and/or white light covering your home and permeating every atom of your surroundings. Invite the angels into this light and know that they will hold and protect that space for you. This same technique works for healing in the event an illness or injury occurs, but why not preemptively ask for the love and light around you? “Love and Light” sound like New Age buzz words, but they’re extremely powerful forces in the Universe capable of transforming any and all energies coming your way. If you catch yourself becoming flippant with these concepts, take a moment to breathe in the fullness of what Love and Light encompass.
4) Practice personal and global Ho’oponopono. I’ve written on this topic before, too, but wanted to mention it again in connection to storms. Storms clear out old, stagnant energy. Nothing quite like 50+ mph winds and sheets of rain to wash away that which no longer serves! Instead of resisting change, though, you can invite forgiveness into your life in far easier and gentler ways. I include an excerpt from my earlier article, beginning with the words of the Ho’oponopono prayer:
“I love you.
Please forgive me.
A few rounds of that launch me deeper into my heart than I have ever comfortably remained — even though I do spend a lot of time in my heart. The words become a mantra and carry their own vibration, which seems to heal the angry spots inside. They also help to recognize even more of those Shadow Sides in which we have tangoed with the “Other” and hurt them and ourselves. In recognizing our own role in the victim/abuser/savior dance, we reclaim both our energy and our power. Those sticky relationships no longer tear at our inner peace like Velcro.
This practice has yielded such deep results in all my personal relationships that I started practicing it with leaders of our world. I also started practicing Ho’oponopono as an American, sincerely asking for global forgiveness of our massive karmic debt to humanity. Turning the other cheek to our leaders’ decisions to bomb, raid, torture and decimate doesn’t absolve us of all responsibility. At least, not in my world. I feel deep love for humanity and a true hope that we can move beyond all wars to live in peace and harmony on this planet. Speaking of this planet, I also started practicing Ho’oponopono as a citizen of Earth, sending heartfelt words to Gaia for all the ways we have refused to honor and protect her:
“I love you.
Please forgive me.
5) Get some basic survival, food and water supplies before the storm hits. As the saying goes, “God helps those who help themselves.” If you fear you don’t have enough water, food, band-aids or blankets on hand should supply lines or power get disrupted, those fears will amplify the swirling energies around you. Know you have protection on the spiritual level, but also bolster your physical, mental and emotional comfort by doing what you can to weather the storm. Reasonable preparation doesn’t mean giving into fear if such preparation then allows you to rest easier knowing you’ve done all you could on your own. Most people find it easier to accept Divine help when they can reflect upon tangible steps they’ve made as well. “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Sometimes seeing a few things sure helps, though!
6) Remember any esoteric, natural or spiritual healing techniques you’ve learned. Studied Reiki years ago? No time like the present to dust off those skills! Learned about Quantum Healing or the Law of Attraction? Use this hurricane encounter as a quick refresher course. If you learned First Aid way back in the day, why not review some of those techniques? Do you have tons of Young Living essential oils lying around in a cupboard? Set aside some of the literature for entertaining yourself during the worst of the storm. You might especially want to have on hand those oils that calm fear or uplift the spirit. Whatever you’ve learned over the years, know that nothing is ever wasted. You have far more skills and resources at your disposal than you tend to use in everyday life. Why not reclaim these wonderful pieces of yourself?
7) Surround yourself with Sacred Symbols. For some people, the cross represents the most protective energy available. For others, the Thorn or Thurisaz Rune surrounds them with an energy shield associated with Thor, the Norse god of thunder and lightning. Celtic influenced people might prefer a five- or seven-pointed star, or the Triple Goddess Spiral. The symbol itself matters less than your association with the image. Symbols work directly on your subconscious mind, so having potent reminders nearby can help you feel and become stronger and more confident, regardless of what challenges you face. Advertisers, political campaigns and religions program your subconscious mind through symbols. By consciously selecting symbols that resonate with strength, excellence and power, you begin to embody those qualities and your reality reflects that shift.
8) Incorporate fun into your preparations. If you’ve got a family with young children or even just very scared adults, you can redirect any fear into positive energy by injecting a bit of fun into your lives. In addition to candles and blankets, take out some board games and novels. Hunker down and enjoy yourselves as much as you can. Finding ways to thrive in any and all circumstances actually alters those circumstances. Instead of worrying so much about power outages, find ways to rekindle your own inner power to create worlds. In a Universe of infinite possible realities, remember to include some fun!