From yesterday’s Hellasfrappe blogsite:
‘Three Greek former parliamentarians have apparently been charged with alleged breaches of wealth declaration laws. The charges against Yiannos Papantoniou, a former PASOK defense and finance minister (under the Simitis government), George Voulgarakis, a former public order and culture minister (under the Karamanlis government), and former deputy finance and foreign minister Petros Doukas (under the Karamanlis government).’
It’s good to see, but it’s far to little far too late. Thanks to these crooks and their insane collaborators in Brussels-am-Berlin, there are some real facts of life in Greece, for both the comfortable and the less well-off, that very few Anglo-Saxon media report:
* Trust in the police has evaporated, because the cops are so infiltrated and poisoned by members of Golden Dawn in their ranks. Golden Dawn is a right-wing, viciously Nazi-clone Party.
* Not just the traditional working classes but also most professionals have no work, are being bad-debted, and face a future where the State such as it still exists in Athens will offer them nothing in return for their lifetime of insurance payments.
* The pharmacy and medication systems have broken down.
* Leaving school and getting a job is a rarity. Not difficult: a rarity. The ‘reparations’ being inflicted upon the Greeks by Germany are a perfect reflection of what the victorious allies inflicted upon Germany itself in 1919. Surprise surprise – we have a Nazi Party growing in popularity in 2013 Greece. Well my oh my Huck, how did that happen?
* People trip over each other inhabiting tiny apartments they share with others similarly impoverished and with nowhere else to live. The many professionals who can’t get paid by debtors – and can’t resort to the already clogged-up Courts to gain redress – are emotionally trapped as well. The sheer cost of divorce makes it out of the question now for the overwhelming majority of Greeks. You think that observation trite? Try living with someone 24/7 you can’t stand some time. Trust me, it is not an uplifting experience.
In short, you fear the police, have no faith in the justice system, have no money, your illness gets worse without medication: you have lost almost every sense of independence. The fruits of being a member of the fecund eurozone closely resemble those of being in the USSR. Except of course, the EUSSR is far from fecund at the minute. In yet another downwards revision today, Mario Draghi’s European Central Bank declared an outlook of negative (-0.5%) growth for the eurozone. (The truth out here in Realityland is that the European economy has ground to a halt).
Below is the message of a wise man I’d like you all to take to your homes and hearts this weekend: and, if you know any of them, something to send or read out to the autistics at the corroded, colluded, cold heart of the EU:
‘Ignorance is the root and the stem of every evil: we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the Light. The beginning is the most important part of the work, and although no human thing is of serious importance, the price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. Wealth is the parent of luxury and indolence, and poverty of meanness and viciousness, and both of discontent. So be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.’
Plato said that. Enjoy your families this weekend. I said that.