We have a Leo new moon tonight, the energies will be with us for at least the next 48 hours, and with the planetary aspects that are influencing thiis fiery new moon, we’re receiving Leo at its finest. This is Creator energy that springs from the playful eternal child in all of us. It can be used to reconnect us with our own essence (rather than our fear-based ego programs), and so, alchemically, with one another, as well (since we are not, and never have been, really separate).
This dynamic energy has already inspired me with an intention to suggest that you set within it. Before doing so, I “tried it out,” myself, of course. In the doing, I was surprised by some healing “steps” that came up to be integrated in the process. As I did, the impact was profound, and so I will share those with you, as well–
Leo New Moon Intention, 8/6.13
* Choose one gift that you have, and decide to honor it. It doersn’t matter if you’ve never figured out “how” to use it. Just honor it, and intend to do so all month long.
* Invite the playful, indominatable child within you to enjoy your honoring of it, for no reason at all except that it is fun, and it is yours.
* Here is where the surprise came, in my case. I found that I could not set the playful child in me free without first honoring the traumatized, frightened child.
* I “saw” myself picking her up, out of her painful “stuck” place of trauma and fear, and holding her close to me. And so I did. She was sobbing, and tears poured down my own face. My heart aches almost unbearably for her, and I tell her she can sob as long as she wants or needs, and I will hold her through it. It does not matter if that means doing so for the rest of my life.
* As I hold her, I see/feel that everything I have ever done that I’ve judged myself harshly for was born of the trauma and pain of this precious, abandoned child, and I forgave everything.
* I also feel/realize the resilience, courage, and sheer Love it has taken to shine on, anyway, and I celebrate all that I have become. She likes that, and feels a little safer in my arms.
* I have no idea what will come of this, and in this moment, I do not care. As long as I am holding her, and feeling her little arms clasped around my neck, then I know that I am whole. And that feels like enough–more than enough.
* As I felt the joy of that awareness, my playful, indomitable child sprang to life and joined us. I feel so happy to have us all together again! Then, I also smile as I watch her make a beeline for the gift I (we) have that I had chosen to honor.
So, that’s it. With my heart, I wish you wholeness, Self-Love, and freedom in the Light of our New Leo Moon!