Tag Archives: HuffingtonPost

HuffingtonPost – Les Leopold – The Rich Have Gained $5.6 Trilion In The ‘Recovery’, While The Rest Of Us Have Lost $669 Billion – 10 May 2013

a15da-huffington_post_logo(Lucas:  The bookkeeping  and statistics on this I for sure doubt. It must be unimaginably more than here said , but OK. You get the picture!  The evidence of the fraud, deceit, robbery and greed is being shown again. )

Oh, are we getting ripped off. And now we’ve got the data to prove it. From 2009 to 2011, the richest 8 million families (the top 7 percent) on average saw their wealth rise from $1.7 million to $2.5 million each. Meanwhile the rest of us — the bottom 93 percent (that’s 111 million families) — suffered on average a decline of $6,000 each. Continue reading

HuffingtonPost – Katherine Bindley – Dalai Lama Says He Would Support A Woman Successor – 26 April 2013

DalaiLamaWhile some religious leaders might shy away from establishing a tradition of helping women ascend to high-ranking positions, the Dalai Lama voices a more progressive view: His Holiness says he would be pleased if a woman were to succeed him.

Cathy Newman, a presenter with the United Kingdom’s Channel 4 News, recently asked the Buddhist leader whether he would be happy about a woman predecessor. Without skipping a beat, he answered yes.

Read the rest of the story and see the pictures  at :   www.huffingtonpost.com / link to original article

HuffingtonPost – Lee Spiegel – Sirius, Steven Greer’s Film, Claims To Unveil Tiny ‘Alien’ Humanoid (Video) – 12 April 2013

r-ATACAMAHUMANOID-large570An upcoming documentary promises to show an alleged, tiny “alien” being that was found a few years ago in Chile’s Atacama Desert. And when we say tiny, we’re talking six inches from head to ET toe. Continue reading

HuffingtonPost – Obama’s EU Trade Deal Would Include New Political Powers For Corporations – 3 April 2013

Obama-345WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is pursuing a free trade agreement with the European Union that would grant corporations new political power to challenge an array of regulations both at home and abroad, according to an administration official involved in the negotiations.

While the plan is still in its early stages, the effort alarms consumer and environmental advocates who worry it will lead to a roll-back of important rules and put multinational companies on the same political plane as sovereign nations. Continue reading

HuffingtonPost – Ryan Grim – CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Contracts, Tax Breaks – 28 November 2012

WASHINGTON — The corporate CEOs who have made a high-profile foray into deficit negotiations have themselves been substantially responsible for the size of the deficit they now want closed.

The companies represented by executives working with the Campaign To Fix The Debt have received trillions in federal war contracts, subsidies and bailouts, as well as specialized tax breaks and loopholes that virtually eliminate the companies’ tax bills. Continue reading

HuffingtonPost – 10 Bankers Thrown Behind Bars – (A Summary) – 26 October 2012

(Lucas : I had forgotten to post this yesterday. It is  the latest summary of Banks CEO’s  going to jail. I posted sum already.)

Ex-Goldman director Rajat Gupta is going to jail for two years for insider trading, where he’ll be joining some of his former peers.

There’s the infamous Bernie Madoff, who is currently serving a 150-year prison sentence for his decades-long multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme that wiped out the life savings of millions of people. But most in the finance industry doing time for white collar crime aren’t dealing with a sentence as stiff as Madoff’s. That’s because his crime represents “extraordinary evil,” according to the judge that sentenced him — deserving of a prison term on par with that of terrorists, traitors and violent criminals. Continue reading

HuffingtonPost – Zach Carter And Dave Jamieson – Mitt Romney Benefited From Offshoring Tax Break In 2001 While Listed As Bain CEO – 23 October 2012

Romney Bain Offshoring

Bain Capital appears to have benefited from a provision in the U.S. tax code that grants companies tax breaks for costs associated with offshoring American jobs. Bain profited from the closure of a Denver factory in early 2001, when SEC filings list Romney as the sole shareholder and CEO of multiple Bain enterprises. Continue reading